Tuesday 9 January 2007

crowded...

When I came to Venus Bay in the middle of winter, it was very quiet. People said it gets really busy in the summer. Well, it's the middle of summer and most of the houses have people staying in them for a change, but it still doesn't seem busy. I guess it's all relative. I used to live on a main road in Melbourne... That was busy! Granted though, it is a lot busier than usual. Sometimes there are more than two cars on the road at the same time.... amazing!

It's really nice here at this time of year. We had a hot week, but it's turned cooler again now, which I like much more. There has even been a small amount of rain, which is good. The grass is developing a green tinge instead of the summer brown. What's the old saying? The grass is always greener over the septic tank. I hope it rains some more though. I don't fancy the idea of having to have water trucked in if the tank doesn't fill itself. I have no idea how much it costs, I assume a lot.

No comments: